Organize an event.
We invite everyone in the world interested in logic to organise
events celebrating World Logic Day 2023 on 14 January 2023 (or on
convenient date close to the 14th of January). WLD events
- can be academic or non-academic,
- can be aimed at the general public or specialists,
can focus on any of the many facets of logic from disciplines such
as mathematics, philosophy, computer science, linguistics, or
- can use any format, e.g., it could be a lecture, a
workshop, a panel discussion, an information
bazaar, etc. etc.
Be aware that in the current global pandemic, a lot events will
be virtual. This is a huge opportunity since it will allow people from
outside of your local community to participate without any travel
expenses. However, it also means that all WLD events will be in
competition with each other for the attention of the global logic
community, especially if they all take place at the same time. Be aware
of this issue as you organise your WLD event and decide on the time
schedule. As mentioned, the event does not have to be on 14 January
2022, but can be on a date close to that day.
If you are organising an event and wish to be listed in the official
list of WLD 2023 events on our website and use the official WLD logo in
your announcements, please follow the simple and informal instructions
below to obtain the status of an official WLD 2023 event.
- Create a website for the event or a draft flyer (in pdf format)
that describes the event.
The website/flyer must contain the following information:
- What is going to happen? (Format, speakers, etc.)
- When is it going to happen? (Date and time.)
- Who is organising it? (Name of the main organiser and contact
- In which format is it going to happen? (If in a physical location,
give location information; if online, say how participants may obtain
the login information.)
- Send an e-mail to wld (at) cipsh (dot) international with
the link to the website and/or with the draft flyer as a pdf attachment
and a formal request to be added to the list of UNESCO WLD events.
We expect to decide on each request within five working days.
If you have not received a message within a week, feel free to send a reminder.
- If your event fits with the principles of UNESCO World Logic Day,
it will be added to the official list on our website and you will get
the official WLD graphics to use on your website and in your flyer. (You
can send us an updated flyer for the list on our website once you have
incorporated the graphics.)
- After the event, please send a brief report (at most one page, in
pdf format) to wld (at) cipsh (dot) international that will be
published on the website.